 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2592 (-20)
  Re: Two new MOCs

(...) Hi Avery! Thanks very much for the kind words! (...) As clone-fans go, I'm pretty hardcore. In fact, the goal with my MOCs is to use only Mega Bloks elements, and only in colors in which those pieces truly appear. There's a lot of overlap of (...) (19 years ago, 25-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Two new MOCs

(...) Sweeet! I really like the police cruiser, or picture number 2. When I have more time, I'll stop by to take another look around and leave some more feedback. I just stopped by here to give some positive energy and positive vibes and help (...) (19 years ago, 23-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Two new MOCs

(...) Now, now, we AFOLs are guests (URL) here>, and so we must endeavor to leg godt! JOHN (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Two new MOCs

(...) but the post does contain something almost as bad--MB! (note, I prefer to reverse the letters of MB to get something else..) Not knocking your building style..just the parts you're using.. (...) I'll refer my comments over to the (...) (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Two new MOCs

(...) They are spun from raw firmament will persist until the end of time. (...) I see. Now that's purple! Nicely done! (...) Shamelessly stolen from Terry Pratchett. Thanks, Terry! Dave! (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Two new MOCs

(...) <shudder> I like Tony's question--do they burn? :-) (...) Complain? Au contraire, mon capitaine! It is fodder for my grist in my mill! (...) Well, it would be cool to see one both ways for comparison. Let the people decide! (...) Good one:-) (...) (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Two new MOCs

(...) And I thought that Mega Bloks were made to be crushed and snorted. Thanks for showing your work. -D (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Two new MOCs

(...) I know--where are my priorities?!? (...) Years of exposure have inured me to any possible side effects, as far as I'm aware. (...) "Almost" is good enough for me! The hovercar could be mostly approximated with LEGO elements, with a few (...) (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Two new MOCs

(...) You've got it all backwards--you crazy LEGO purists do it the hard way. Embrace the Mega Bloks, and the universe will be revealed to you. (...) What's the big idea? In 5+ years I've never heard you complain about my purple prose, but a purple (...) (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Two new MOCs

(...) Great... warn us about the lack of profanity but don't bother mentioning the glaring, unforgivable, and unapologetic use of CLONE bricks. Frankly, this is the kind of newsgroup abuse I'm happy to take. Interesting work as usual. But don't your (...) (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Two new MOCs

(...) Boooring... (...) Forget PCS and 3VIL-- this is what I call a competing theme! Though I am obviously a die-hard LEGO fan, I can appreciate the time and effort you have put into your Apocryphal Project. Do you always have to do things the hard (...) (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Two new MOCs

WARNING: This post contains no profanity or name-calling. (URL) Here> are two new MOCs, if you'd care to take a look. The first is in the style of Apocryphal Classic Space, while the second is a Police hovercar. Feel free to take a peek around at (...) (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Review of Mega Bloks 9719 Super Bike

This review was originally posted in the (URL) forum, which readers are invited and encouraged to visit. Review of 9719 Super Bike MSRP: $9.99 - $14.99 Pieces: 275 Figures: 0 This set is from the perpetually excellent ProBuilder line, showcasing a (...) (19 years ago, 19-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Disturbing Mega hit on Amazon for Lego Vikings

(...) Let's be careful with the "theft" word, shall we? It's borderline libel, after all, and one might likewise be tempted to suggest that LEGO purloined the whole Vikings idea from Mega Bloks, which released the 9604 Viking Ship way back in 1995. (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  New MegaBloks forum!

Attention Mega Bloks fans! An appreciator of the brand has established a posting forum specifically for discussions of Mega Bloks. He's never posted here on LUGNET, but I've corresponded with him on and off for quite a few months, and I can attest (...) (19 years ago, 5-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Re: Megabloks Narnia Pics

(...) A LUGNET reader who is not yet able to post has sent me this link: (URL) features clearer photos of the sets but no shots of the figures or accessories. In discussing them, he and I have inferred that these photos may be from the design stage, (...) (19 years ago, 27-Aug-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Some info about Block-Men

(...) If this webpage is believable (URL) is owned by Meccano - but I can't get confirmation on that from the Meccano homepage, and I honestly doubt it. This Malvina page says: "These toys (Cobi) are distributed only in Belarus and Russia". This (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Some info about Block-Men

Back in 1998 a line of LEGO-compatible military construction sets hit the market under the name Block-Men. I was generally pleased with this brand, as I revealed (URL) but it must be admitted that the sets were somewhat overpriced. Still, as a (...) (19 years ago, 22-Aug-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Clone-brand CAD package

I spotted (URL) this> more or less by accident while perusing the Cobi website. This is a brand that either uses the same molds as Block-Men or else is directly affiated with that now-defunct brand. Some of the sets look very cool, but unfortunately (...) (19 years ago, 22-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  TRU Clearance items

Not much to sing about, but ArtAsylum's C3 stuff appears to be on somewhat deep discount. I grabbed Darkseid's Throne Room for $5.00, and the Batwing and large Batmobile sets appeared to be about $6.50 each. There are a few LEGO sets on similarly (...) (19 years ago, 22-Aug-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact