 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2584
Re: Two new MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Thu, 22 Sep 2005 17:10:39 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, John Neal wrote:

   Here are two new MOCs, if you’d care to take a look. The first is in the style of Apocryphal Classic Space, while the second is a Police hovercar.

Forget PCS and 3VIL-- this is what I call a competing theme! Though I am obviously a die-hard LEGO fan, I can appreciate the time and effort you have put into your Apocryphal Project. Do you always have to do things the hard way, Dave!? :-)

You’ve got it all backwards--you crazy LEGO purists do it the hard way. Embrace the Mega Bloks, and the universe will be revealed to you.

   Feel free to take a peek around at the other stuff on the page.

I do have one bit of critique in presentation-- I think your MOCs would appear more aesthetically pleasing if you used a blank white background or used light grays instead of the purple-ish one you are using. I have the same problem with my favorite Brickshelf folder (Koyan’s). I wish he’d left his backgrounds white as well because I thought they looked better that way. Maybe try one white and check it out.

What’s the big idea? In 5+ years I’ve never heard you complain about my purple prose, but a purple background gets your dander up?!?

Actually, I used to have a good reason for doing them on a purple background (verylightpurple, in POV-Ray), but now I can’t remember what that reason was.

I’ll try one with a white background and see how it goes.

   Feedback is appreciated, and thanks for looking!

BTW, what actually is the speed of dark? :-)

I’m not sure, but I figure that it has to be faster than light, since dark got there first...

Dave!