 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 25
24  |  26
Subject:
Exin Castles (Re: Clone Auctions and something cool)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 14:42:51 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, John DiRienzo writes:
--snipped--
Meanwhile, I was looking through eBay tonight and stumbled across a nice
pic - here is its location:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=81029855

  Its an Exin set, and is at about $30.  There were others on eBay (same
brand, different models) all at about $30.  Does anyone know the age of
these toys?

i've wanted one of those exin sets for awhile now (very cool looking), but they
always end up with a very high winning bid...they look to be from the
seventies.  but like you mention, none of the auctions mentions a copyright
date
from what i've seen of exin brick pics the underside of the bricks don't have
any tubes or ridges to grip the brick they stand on top of so the castles might
not be too sturdy

  Finally, did Tente brand ever make Castle models?  I had some early Space
Tente as well as some battleships, but do not recall Castle sets.  Thanks
for reading...

i'm by no means a tente expert but the little info i've gathered doesn't
indicate any castle sets....HOWEVER, exin bros is the spanish company behind
tente (that was released in the states through hasbro)..a hardcore tente fan
can probably provide us with more information

..joseph g