 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2492 (-20)
  Where MB gets their ideas...

(URL) said. (if you read webcomics and you're NOT reading this one, you should be... Go all the way back to the beginning, take your time, and enjoy...) (19 years ago, 1-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Question about a call for a contest

(...) Good questions, Dave! I've raised this with the Admin team... We'll mull this over and get back to you with an answer with our usual alacrity(1)... this contest doesn't start for a month or two I hope?(1) ++Lar XFUT to just .terms 1 - that's (...) (19 years ago, 29-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.terms, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Question about a call for a contest

Not sure in which .admin forum this belongs; please FUT as appropriate. I'd like to call for a simple contest involving clone bricks and I wondered if it would be appropriate to make announce it in .build.contests, in .build.mecha, in .announce, in (...) (19 years ago, 29-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.terms, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Spotted! Liberals on my layout!

(...) Crikey! Don't lump me in with that clone-lover Courtney;-) I doubt you could handle the Truth™, Dave! ;^D JOHN (19 years ago, 28-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: ISD Build competition

(...) Jeez! I hadn't done the math and didn't realize that the SSD was quite so huge. The excellent radio program (URL) This American Life> ran a (URL) story> about living aboard the aircraft carrier (URL) John Stennis.> One person had the tedious (...) (19 years ago, 28-Mar-05, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Spotted! Liberals on my layout!

(...) Oh! In that case, it's probably ATCO. That's a bummer, because ATCO is from the lower end of the clone spectrum--a pariah among pariahs. And I'm confident that you and Tim Courtney have huge stashes of clone bricks; you both protest too much, (...) (19 years ago, 28-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Pyrates teaser @ Megabloks.com

(...) Woohoo! Once again Mr. Connick comes through with the scoop. Excellent news--thanks! Dave! (20 years ago, 24-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Pyrates teaser @ Megabloks.com

(...) Dave, Pyrates have 3 different release dates: May: Pyrates Treasure Pack Assortment (Pieces of Eight, Hidden Loot, Burried Bounty) each about $5.99 and each set comes in a cloth galeon bag. June: Skull Cave Assortment (Maroon Gally, Mutiny (...) (20 years ago, 24-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Apocryphal Blacktron

(...) (URL) Here's> a showcase of a recently unveiled ground-based vehicle, designed for leisurely travel over medium terrain. A few older vehicles are also featured on the page. Dave! (20 years ago, 24-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Pyrates teaser @ Megabloks.com

(URL) Here you go.> If nothing else, we get a scheduled release date. If the link doesn't work, just go to the (URL) main page> and keep Refreshing until you see the Pyrates promotional flash. Dave! (20 years ago, 22-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: review: Chinese "Bricks" military sets

(...) I believe that (URL) these> are the pieces in question. Dave! (20 years ago, 21-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: 2005 Toy Fair pics for Megabloks

(...) Woo-hoo! Once again the anonymous tipster has come through with the goods! Check out (URL) shots> of Dread Eye's Phantom! I expect that it's modular like the previous ships' hulls, and the pieces are clearly very specialized, but I love the (...) (20 years ago, 21-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: CG Batman Film using non-LEGO

(...) Don't care for C3 stuff but I can see why they used it. Great movie. Impressive that they got such big name voice talent. LOVED how the copter fell apart... thanks for hosting it on your site! (20 years ago, 19-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: review: Chinese "Bricks" military sets

(...) Ah-ha! Looking again at the picture of set 0279, I see which bricks you mean. I have four of these in dark gray from Oxford set 15000. They're pretty neat. (...) It helps a lot--thanks! Though I'm a huge fan of clone bricks, I don't like (...) (20 years ago, 19-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: review: Chinese "Bricks" military sets

(...) Ok, the panel was my mis-writing: it IS a 2x1x5 brick like your Tyco. The plates are indeed the same height as LEGO plates; they have tubes on the underside, but not completely covering the underside, there are two "lanes" of missing tubes. (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Moonbase Connector (Purists beware!)

(...) Thanks, Adrian! Dave! (20 years ago, 18-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Moonbase Connector (Purists beware!)

(...) Yes, the standard used to be 8 bricks high, but was changed to 10 to provide more clearance for trains and monorails to go under moonbase connections. Adrian (20 years ago, 18-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Moonbase Connector (Purists beware!)

(...) I built this connector a long time ago and never got around to designing the base that's supposed to be attached to it. Anyway, do I remember correctly that the Moonbase Module standards were changed a while back? I seem to recall that floor (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  CG Batman film using virtual LEGO (was: CG Batman Film using non-LEGO)

(...) I'm glad you posted this as I've been thinking of doing the same but couldn't decide if it should go anywhere other than .clone-brands. That being said because of your question below (and my answer to it) I'm going to cross-post this to (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.animation, lugnet.general)

  Re: CG Batman Film using non-LEGO

(...) Thanks for posting this link. A little bird told me about the film, but I didn't think to link to it here for some reason. I wish my work computer had Quicktime, because I still haven't been able to view the movie! (...) MegaBloks doesn't make (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact