 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2127 (-10)
  Re: Some cool info

(...) Could you elaborate on what this is. Those links have crashed every browser I tried. (Must not be dial-up friendly) The name 'galaxy theme battleship' really has me curious. Might this be related to the new smaller scale stuff? If the price to (...) (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: KKK described latest restructuring as "last chance" for Lego in FT article

(...) The actual quality isn't as bad as some people seem to think, but there has indeed been juniorization in MEGABLOKS--almost as long as in LEGO sets. Unlike LEGO, MEGABLOKS usually (though not always) offsets the juniorization with generous (...) (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Some cool info

Found these while browsing: (2 URLs) Lion> (URL) theme battleship> I'm looking for more, though the database isn't the most search-friendly. I figure there must be more, but I haven't found them yet. Dave! (21 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Has anyone seen any pics of the new miniature brick line from Mega Blocks?

(...) Well, I finally found the article again. It was from the Toronto Star. Here is the excerpt: While Danish-based Lego announced last month a new line of big blocks, after saying it would declare a loss in 2003, Mega Bloks will introduce this (...) (21 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Has anyone seen any pics of the new miniature brick line from Mega Blocks?

WOW! I haven't heard anything about this until I read your post. I searched on the Mega Blocks website and couldn't find anything interesting. Where did you hear about this? Erik! (21 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Ill tidings for Built-To-Rule?

My local TRU has the entire line of BTR sets (Transformers, GI Joe, and Tonka) on 50% clearance. Well, they say 50%, but sets that were $12.98 are not $6.98, etc. Obviously, this speaks poorly of BTR’s outlook, but it affords the opportunity to (...) (21 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Any set you haven't seen is a new set

(...) I know--I'm my own worst enemy. (...) Alas, funds are ubertight at the moment, and so I only made half-hearted bids. If I'd known how low the final price was to be, I probably would have pitched as high as a sawsky for the Dumptruck. I'm (...) (21 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Any set you haven't seen is a new set

(...) Fighting with yourself again? (...) You should have went the 4 bucks man... I believe it's always OK to pay almost as much as the postage costs to ship things... (21 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Any set you haven't seen is a new set

I won (URL) Crane on Friday after a harshly-contested bidding process. Tyco's Superblocks came and went during my early college days (aka my LEGO Dark Ages), so everything I know about them has been gleaned from other clone fans, auctions, and the (...) (21 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Review of set 1401: 1/4 Pipe Fight

(...) I don't own that set, but I wondered if that was indeed a single piece or some trick of the eye deceiving me. The FDNY Firetruck had the corresponding inverse slope piece in red, so I guess it was only a matter of time. Cool! (...) You made (...) (21 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact