 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2118
Re: Review of set 1401: 1/4 Pipe Fight
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 18:40:46 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Richard Parsons wrote:

The sets do look attractive, and I note that the the truck includes some new (to
me) 3x double sided slopes - ie slope left, stud in middle and slope right.

I don't own that set, but I wondered if that was indeed a single piece or some
trick of the eye deceiving me.  The FDNY Firetruck had the corresponding inverse
slope piece in red, so I guess it was only a matter of time.  Cool!

What I am into is the Command Ops line, and sadly, at present, the chopper is
all we see.  <sigh>  And my APCs and choppers could use some humvees, and maybe
a zodiac or two.

You made the point elsewhere that the side-mounted stud on the weapons is a
little off-putting, and I agree with you.  I guess they're intended to allow the
weapons to be attached to a soldier's back, but the weapons look funny when not
affixed in that way.

And and before wonderful and helpful Americans Cloners chime in to point out
that they are only too happy to send some, I note that the US Postal service's
idea of reasonable rates and reasonable performance seems to be at odds with the
rest of the western world.

What?  Three-month mailing time isn't fast enough for you?

Dave!