 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1957 (-10)
  Re: A Fortification Race!

(...) Glad to! (...) I very much like the change of landscape, though I have to say the brick adhesion isn't perfect. Enough holds together to keep the ground from popping apart, but they quite aren't up to LEGO standards. Still not as bad as most (...) (21 years ago, 5-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  My apologies

They're clones, but they're cool, and I'd hate for all my LUGNET friends to miss out on a rare chance to acquire these sets: (URL) out of my price range, and I don't know the seller, so I have no vested interest in these items. Coko is generally a (...) (21 years ago, 5-Sep-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Cool new hinge element

My local Target has the MEGABLOKS Power Rangers "Zord" sets on sale for $5.50, down from $7.99, so I bought the Dolphin Zord. The main (and obvious) shortcoming of the set is the entirely juniorized head element, but the set still has a piececount (...) (21 years ago, 5-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: A Fortification Race!

(...) Yeah they are pretty nifty looking. (...) Well I know my personal experience with those plates has been overall great. I have noticed that here and there a singular stud might not have great clenching power, but when covering more than one (...) (21 years ago, 5-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: A Fortification Race!

(...) Hey, nifty in progress shots. Thanks for sharing! So tell us about those MB Dragons baseplates, how's the adhesion of brick to them? Are they sturdy? They seem interesting in appearance and profile and a nice potential change from the very few (...) (21 years ago, 5-Sep-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: BetterBlocks™ 1375 Combo Kit

(...) Hi Stan! I'm sorry I don't have much info on this brand, but it pops up on Ebay pretty regularly. Here's a current (URL) I'll keep my eyes open, and I'll post here if I spot anything useful. Dave! (21 years ago, 3-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  BetterBlocks™ 1375 Combo Kit

Hi, I saw advertisement of BetterBlocks™ 1375 Combo Kit, which is similar to LEGO, but the units are round on QVCUK.com, some time ago (y.2000). I take interest in this product, but QVC does not sell it at a present time. Will it be possible to (...) (21 years ago, 3-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Q re new MB sailing ship...

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, George Barnes wrote a most worthy reply Thanks dude. Its off to the shops for me... Richard Still baldly going... (21 years ago, 3-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  New MB Dragons "sampler" set spotted at Target

Similar to the clear-boxed Dragons set that appeared at K-Mart an elsewhere late last year, but bigger. "Sea Dragon", $20 set, with the top half of the box made of clear plastic, and a very nice looking black dragon on display inside - white and red (...) (21 years ago, 3-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Betterblocks 1375 Combo Kit

(...) Hi Stan: There's only one newsgroup on LUGNET that deals with compatible brands of brick: lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands. You may have more luck with your question there. I did find one online seller of the blocks you're looking for: (URL) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact