 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1957
Re: A Fortification Race!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 21:52:06 GMT

   Hey, nifty in progress shots. Thanks for sharing!

Glad to!

   So tell us about those MB Dragons baseplates, how’s the adhesion of brick to them? Are they sturdy? They seem interesting in appearance and profile and a nice potential change from the very few baseplate 3d shapes available in the LEGO line (how many different ways can the LEGO ones be printed, one wonders)

I very much like the change of landscape, though I have to say the brick adhesion isn’t perfect. Enough holds together to keep the ground from popping apart, but they quite aren’t up to LEGO standards. Still not as bad as most Mega Bloks I’ve experimented with in the past, but not spectacular. To offset this, I’ve actually build them onto gray 32x32 roadplates, to offer more stability and easier movement. Mega Bloks is serving a cosmetic role, little more.

Oh right, and on clearance (at least here in Canada) you can secure enough Dragons sets to build a sizeable piece of ground, at low cost! Now I just need to figure out what to do with the dozens of armoured men-at-arms...

I’ll try to keep updating as I progress!

Thanks,

Kenneth Tam Brickley’s Cove

http://members.rogers.com/brickleyscove/Home.htm

And a little shameless self promotion: