 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1944
Re: Brok (careful - there's MB about)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sun, 31 Aug 2003 08:05:18 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.starship, Richard Parsons wrote:
Beyond what's happening in my sectors, I note that I have tried to
rise to the bait of non-human crewed vessels.  I have a new ship
(The Brok) easing away from her moorings which will be commanded by
the new green reptilian dudes MB have released. This ship is an
attack carrier, arriving to the game with her wing of eight
fighters and a hangar to house them all.  The back story is not
complete, but they're mean, nasty and cruel (thinking Vogons from
HHGttG), they use humans as slaves for the drudge work (thinking
the recent PotA only more tech), and they choose death over defeat
(kinda Klingon-y).  They have probably got a home sector, but
anyone going there would need to well armed and looking for battle.
These guys probably make the USC look like nice guys when it comes
to galactic good manners.  These guys would not be politely asking
you to leave - they figure you'll work it out once their weapons
start dancing over your shields, and if you kill a few of them and
are still breathing, maybe then they'll talk to you :-)

Teaser pics (and not very good ones at that, but they do give a bit of a feel)

http://www.ozbricks.com/portblock/yar/032.htm

Overall, she's 194 studs long, and yet to be properly greebled, or arranged in
front of suitable background scenery, but she's just beautiful (IMHO :-)
Actually, these guys probably anthropomorphise their ships as he rather than
she...

Richard
Still baldly going...