 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1485
1484  |  1486
Subject:
Stackers Review (Was Re: Stackers)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sat, 5 Oct 2002 23:14:00 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Julie Krenz writes:
I saw these at Target today, I thought I'd mention them here.

They are little display boxes for Hot Wheel sized cars, the top
and bottom are studded so you can stack 'em. Neat idea.

I did a search and came up with this site so you can see a pic:

http://fanshop.racingone.com/ProductDetails.asp?SID=1&Product_ID=
721&Category_ID=8

I'm a sucker for stuff like this, so when I saw some today at Target on
clearance I grabbed a couple.

http://home.pacbell.net/mcambron/stackers.jpg

These came two in a package with an Ertl Racing Champ car for $1.74.
The clear front door swings up to open, and it doesn't stay shut if you
tip the container forward, so they're not really useful for storing
small parts.  The swing up door also doesn't stay open on its own, but falls
right back down.  The sides are permanently popped into the top and bottom,
so you cannot remove them to use the bricks separately or place items
inside from the top.

A regulation sized minifig must duck his head to step inside a Stacker,
and while it holds a three-wheeled trike okay, an average town type
vehicle won't fit inside.

Still, I like this kind of thing.  Target also had a set of eight of them (with
a Racing Champ car) for $4.98.  If they come down to $2.94 I think I'll buy
some more.

Maggie C.