 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 147 (-10)
  Re: Tente?

(...) I thought Tente had bitten the dust but the guy that is selling that Galaxy Wars set on ebay told me it was released just a couple of weeks ago (the five-digit identifying number IS unique). Perhaps the company is thriving (or at least on a (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Lion Brand?

(...) Are the 2x4 bricks about 3/4 inch (1.5cm) by 1 1/2 inch (almost 4 cm) and about 1/4 inch (1 cm) high? With tiny little knobs? I used to have several of these (legacy from older siblings) mixed in with the more ancient Legos in my collection. (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Tente?

(...) I had a little boat that they made; it was a Destroyer or something smiliar. I loved the little lifeboat pieces, and the tiny dual-barrelled cannon that it had. I wonder whatever happened to that? I'll have to ask my mom... One thing that I (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: "Clone" definition? And a question...

(...) See now, I've had a couple of Tyco sets (just for the freaky looking Spaceguys) and I once got a Tente set (Destroyer) from a particularly clueless relative, but I would *never* consider Tente to be a Lego clone, any more than I would consider (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: "Clone" definition? And a question...

(...) Well, there is a spectrum which makes it hard to put a line, though I'd propose 5 categories of non-LEGO construction sets: Clone: has bricks with the same dimensions as LEGO bricks Mega Bloks, Tyco, Coko (I think) Compatible: has components (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  "Clone" definition? And a question...

What, exactly, makes a brick a "clone?" Lots of AFOL's seem to include Tente in the list of clone brands, and that's fine, but I sort of inferred that clones were those brands that made some attempt to duplicate at least the dimensions of Lego, if (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Tente?

(...) I don't know how the company is doing any longer, but in my opinion, it is the best Lego clone. I got a Tente Greyhound Bus in 1979; it had some really fantastice pieces, pieces that I with that Lego would make, such as rounded sloping tiles. (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Tente?

What is the status of Tente anyways? What I mean is, is that company doing well, or are they just barely surviving? The reason is, when I was younger (like 10 years ago!) I saw that stuff around, but now I never see it anymore. Back then, they had (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Tente on ebay

(...) yeah..i guess a url would have been helpful (sorry about that, chief!) (URL) g (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Tente on ebay

(...) star (...) got pictures of it? anyone? Dan. (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact