 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1423
Re: Coko Bricks sighting in Sweden
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 15:34:30 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
Paul Maxwell wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Tore Eriksson writes:
Found in Biltema's new catalog:
http://www.biltema.se/products/productlist.asp?iSecId=306

Thanks for the link!  Have we determined if these are the same good
quality Coko bricks of a few years ago or the current not-so-good quality
Shifty/Coko bricks?

    Dave!

It looks like the good quality Coko. If someone in Sweden would be willing
to be a source for these sets, that would be really cool.

I've been looking at these sets in the Swedish shops a few times and the
green military vehicle is tempting for a possible purchase. However I don't
like non-LEGO bricks so I've resisted the urge to buy.

Perhaps I will and blow it into smithereens.

They also have small sets, how do one determine if they are good or bad?

  The Coko sets that I own are of near-LEGO-quality ABS and, along with
Tyco, probably rate among the "best" of the clone brands.  Recently there's
been speculation that the current Coko sets might be similar to the awful
Shifty brand knockoffs we've seen previously.
  So blow them to smithereens if you must, but try to take note of the
plastic quality first!

     Dave!