 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1403
Re: Place your orders! (Was: Coko Bricks sighting in Sweden)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 13:49:48 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler writes:
Whoa!  I'm definitely on-board for an order.  Maybe we should coordinate
here or through group emails so we can assemble a single order rather than
send you to Coko for twenty separate purchases.  Of course, shipping to the
US would have to be individualized, I guess...

Before placing a huge burden on Tore maybe we should see if anyone knows for
sure that we can't somehow order these for ourselves here in the states. A
few weeks ago Paul M. suggested to me that it might be possible to obtain a
catalogue and order directly from the manufacturer.  Can anyone confirm or
deny this?  I have contacted the supposedly correct person asking for the
catalogue, but I haven't recieved even so little as a reply email. If anyone
has such a catalogue, could we get scans of the sets and basic information
for each one?  Stuff like: how many elements are in each set?

If we DO need to order through Tore, is the place in question a store one
walks into or is it mail order only?  If Tore can walk in, maybe an
exploratory visit might be in order, right? I would also like to know if any
of the smaller Coko sets are also available -- the sets that are maybe small
enough to be cool, but not large enough to merit their own picture in the
store's catalogue.

Joseph Gonzalas has ordered directly from Coko, but I seem to remember him
saying that it was very complicate paying and several phone calls to China. I
think this might be a better way to go.

Paul