 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1308
Re: Megablocks Dragons: Sorcerer's Lair
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 15:32:23 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Erik Olson writes:

You lucky dog!  More pics please.

A dozen photos of the main model and some of the pieces close-up:

The electronic gizmo: the red gem contains a watch battery, and briefly
ignites the dragon's eyes and mouth (can't tell in the flash photo.) When
stolen from the dragon, it powers the sorcerer's monument, lighting up 3
runes, and with the secret code (psst: it's 1-2-3) raises the secret chamber
with the mage's staff.

Help us: they've included a trap door. Ugh. It's a clunky 3-piece endeavor
where the lever pulls up the door (and tempts its own breaking point
somewhere near the top.)

The dragon's legs and arms fall off, and the wings have a flapping mechanism
that is quite poor. The chain ring comes off his nose. He's just the right
size to chow down on a figure--the jaw moves. Otherwise sturdy and robust.

-Erik