 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1197
  The Simpsons are going to Blockoland!

At our local T'R'U this morning I came upon these horrible bastardizations of both The Simpsons AND LEGO...that's right folks! The Blockoland Simpsons figures are finally here: (URL) are AWFUL! There is no rhyme or reason to these toys...though of (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: The Simpsons are going to Blockoland!

(...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: The Simpsons are going to Blockoland!

(...) Are they awful in concept or quality? How much are they? (...) Looks pretty cool to me. -Mike Petrucelli (23 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: The Simpsons are going to Blockoland!

(...) As one of the chief apologists for All Things Clone, as well as a major Simpsons fan, I formally pronounce these toys to be an abomination. They are bad bad bad, in terms of design and (visual) execution, although I don't care to purchase the (...) (23 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: The Simpsons are going to Blockoland!

(...) Sorry...should have clarified. Quality and implementation are the bad points (after all, who could fault the makers from grabbing hold of the obvious joke from the Blockoland episode?). The figures are all different. By that I mean that they (...) (23 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: The Simpsons are going to Blockoland!

(...) Yikes! $28 bucks for (acording to the box) about 100 pieces. I would not pay that for real Lego let alone a clone. Now on clearance they might be worth it despite the irregularities. (And in reference to the other post; for the record Dave, I (...) (23 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: The Simpsons are going to Blockoland!

(...) Doh! My fault for imprecise wording. I wasn't trying to accuse you yourself of being a Simpsons zealot, but I was trying to say "avoid these unless you (the "general" you) are a total fanboy." Sorry for the confusion. And, for what it's worth, (...) (23 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: The Simpsons are going to Blockoland!

(...) Took a look...did a Simpson shudder. I see they included Carl, but no Lenny. I hope he's ok. Julie (23 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: The Simpsons are going to Blockoland!

The Blockoland Simpsons look just like Kubricks, though I can't prove it. (URL) official page (Japanese) (URL) saw Kubricks Planet of the Apes figure sets in Previews in January. At Toy Fair they showed Reservoir Dogs figures. Simpsons would be (...) (23 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: The Simpsons are going to Blockoland!

(...) figure's collective butts. Matt (23 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: The Simpsons are going to Blockoland!

(...) They're not just similar, they have all the same dimensions! Now I'm going to have to go over to Toy Tokyo and verify it all. -Erik (23 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Technic scale !? (Re: The Simpsons are going to Blockoland!)

(...) slightly smaller than technic-fig scale. Their feet can not attach to studs either. That makes them completely useless to me. -Mike Petrucelli (23 years ago, 31-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)