 Model Team / 453
Re: Finally! My own homepage WITH actual content.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Mon, 24 Dec 2001 04:41:43 GMT

I've have greatly admired many of your creations on Brickshelf, and it's
nice to see them all gathered in one place. (I clicked on your site, then
hit bookmark - it took about 1.2 seconds)

These are all truly amazing, and I really love the curves and exotic angles
you make with the standard plate/brick. The creativity used on the details
in the models are truly inspired.

I like them all, but my favorite completed model is still the Excalibur,
then a tie between the Batmobile and the Coke truck. I'm looking forward to
the Ferrari.

In lugnet.announce, Andreas Engel writes:
Finally! Exactly one year after I registered my own domain,
some content is actually visible now.

At

www.el-caracho.de

you can see pictures of all my 14 currently assembled MOCs.
There's also a "museum" section where you could see a lot of models I had
built as a child.

The page is still and probably will always be sort of "under construction".

Warning:
Some of the pages also contain lots of lengthy stupid text,
often almost totally unrelated to the technical facts of the models.
Some parts of my LEGO story may not be as interesting for other people
besides me
than I thought it would be.
There may also be lots of typos and other grammatical errors,
because the english language isn't my native tongue.
But then again, you're free to read it or leave it.

I think the text information is really good, and give me a better
appreciation of what it took to build these models, and also some insight
into your creativity process. When you post your next pictures, please put
more of the same information.

Anyway, enjoy the pictures, I most certainly enjoyed building the models ...

And Merry Christmas to you all ...

Andreas Engel aka "El Caracho"

Glad to finally know your name. I've always known your works as "El Caracho"
(BTW great story behind the nickname), and wondered why anyone who made such
great models would not want to reveal who they really were. It kind of had
this cool aura of mystery - but I kept thinking, please show yourself and
take some credit!!

P.S.:
One reason it took me so long was that I had a mayor drawback when my 60Gig
HD died totally unexpected,
which threw me back to zero. Backup? Never heard of that!

Please keep creating and posting more pictures!! I look forward to seeing
them whenever they come out.

Mark Chan