 Model Team / 402
Re: It's done: The Kobelco CK850 Crawler Crane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 19:05:33 GMT

Evert gave me respond about the changings on my website (thanks!). Hopefully
the screen will be fixed on 800 x 600 now. I’m not an expert, I just
‘borrow’ scripts and stuff like that from others ….

www.fly.to/bosman

And also thank Duq!

My brother will create a new background for me. The current one is temporary
I hope.

New models are coming during the next coming period. Some links doesn’t
work, because I haven’t created a page yet. But I already put a small image
on my website.

Dennis

In lugnet.modelteam, Dennis Bosman writes:
Evert has done a great job by making this CK850 Kobelco. My god, 3.15 metres
of boom length! What a challenge for a crane with a smaller undercarriage
than a mobile crane. I couldn't image it is possible to make such a crawler
crane as high as Evert's one. My Hitachi CX700 is obly 3.0 metres ...

The undercarriage looks very well. Your crawler are two studs wider than on
my machine. I'm especially curious to the motorised extension/retraction of
the crawlers.

Hopefully you will keep it until the 13th of April next year (please, don't
demolish it!).

Dennis

In lugnet.modelteam, Evert van Wichen writes:
Just as the topic title says. I finally have finished my Kobelco CK850
Crawler Crane is scale 1:13. This crane is a mid-range lattice boom crane.
The crane features the
following working functions (9V motors):
- The crawler tracks can be extended from 275 mm (transportation) to 370 mm
wide (operational).
- The upper machinery can rotate
- The winch to lift the boom
- The winch to hoist the hook

The crane has a main boom with a total heigt of 2,10 meters. I also made a
jib over one meter, so the total height of the crane is 3,15 meters. (And no,
I'm not going the challenge the record).

Anyway, I've made some pictures. Have a look...
http://www.student.tue.nl/u/e.v.wichen

Evert van Wichen