 MediaWatch / 586
Re: Brick Testament on radio
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 11:33:54 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Brendan Powell Smith writes:
Ever since a news wire article on The Brick Testament went out about a week
ago, several morning radio shows across the US have been trying to get in
touch with me.

You can listen to WNEW's Don & Mike attempt to pull a prank on me, only to
find that I'm "not home" (actually sleeping).  Thanks to Ben Roller, there's
an amusing mp3 of this on the Brick Testament press page:

http://www.bricktestament.com/press

Hey Rev. -

Once again, CONGRATS! on your continued success in spreading "The Word".  As
a huge fan of your inspired work, I had to download the clip to hear what
witty things Don & Mike had to say about it.

As is so typical of the type of numbskulls who end up on the radio
blabbering away, I notice that Don & Mike feel iminently qualified (and no
doubt obligated for the sake of their uninformed listeners) to comment on
and critique your work even though it's obvious that they have never even
seen it.  Whichever one of them it is (like it matters) keeps describing
your work as "awful, awful".

Well the only thing I have to say to that is that if you add a "good
entertainment" on the backside of that "awful, awful" then you're finally
approaching the Truth about The Brick Testament (can I get an "Amen!"?).

If only radio "personalities" like Don & Mike were sharp enough to realize
that, then I might actually bother to tune in - of course if they were that
intelligent they wouldn't be on the radio appealing to masses in the first
place.

Keep on Brickafying & Testifying!

G.