 MediaWatch / 56 (-20)
  Lego BLOCKS and star wars in Yahoo mag.

Hi all, I was looking throught the april 2001 edition of Yahoo! Internet life (with Angelina Jolie on the cover) and I found not one, but two different references to Legos within the pages. The first was a mention on page 66 about the Lego studios, (...) (23 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  ANOTHER TV SIGHTING

I was watching a re-run of Home Improvement last night, and Tim was plaing with LEGO. They were building a bait & Tackle shop. I did notice that next to the building they built there was a lid off a 3033. Although they had doors & windows so they (...) (23 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Stealing Lego

I saw that one too, The guy had a problem, it was in the UK right, I belive he was carrying 8880 Super Car sets, Besides laughing at the guy getting caught, what was really cool was that he was in a Lego Store! (pretty sure) This place only sold (...) (24 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Stealing Lego

(...) I believe that it was this very program which was the spark that enkindled the development of this Newsgroup! Sincerely, --==Richard==-- You can reach me @ SHROUD_OF_KUNG_FU@Hotmail.com -Lego good, Canada great-® (24 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Stealing Lego

HI all, I was watching TLC tonight, there was some program about how video cameras are being used to catch various breaks of the law, and there was a part on shoplifting. There was this guy they said was a repeat offender (busted 5 times for (...) (24 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGO Media International launches first television programme at MIPTV 2001

taken from: (URL) Media International launches first television programme at MIPTV 2001 LEGO Media International (LMI), the new TV and film division of the world- renowned children’s brand, today premieres its first ever programme, Little Robots, at (...) (24 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.animation, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.books, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego on TV

"Kyle D. Jackson" <flightdeck@sympatic...mblock.ca> wrote in message news:GBD9v3.BI9@lugnet.com... (...) Face (...) Well, I thought we were talking about cartoons! I wanted in on the hot steamy action. *cough* You know..... "Mighty Ducks - The (...) (24 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego on TV

(...) Ah yes, now I remember. Thanx :] KDJ ___...___ LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada (24 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego on TV

(...) Huh??? KDJ ___...___ LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada (24 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego on TV

"Erik L. Knopp" <eknopp@isd.net> wrote in message news:1erenjp.qcoey7t...isd.net... (...) Canard jumped out of the Aerowing to save the other ducks in the First Face Off. Iain (24 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego on TV

(...) Grimlock is the T-Rex, the Triceratops is Slag. Erik (24 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego on TV

(...) No silly, he was a T-Rex, leader of the Dinobots. He spoke kind of, umm, primal, "Me Grimlock going to eat jelly donut!" and so-forth. For the record, Transformers still suck. <duck> <run-run-run> "Nya-nya!!!!" Aaron :oP (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego on TV

I think the announcer is one of Frank Zappa's kids, brother to Dweezel and Moon Unit...that should explain a lot. jt -- James J. Trobaugh North Georgia LEGO Train Club (URL) Beckwith <bbbeckwi@mail.SPAMB...Kuccs.edu> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego on TV

(...) Wasn't Grimlock the name of a Dinobot Transformer who could change into a Triceratops? KDJ ___...___ LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Invasion of the Hobby Robots

The feature article on April 4, 2001 in the Technology Section of the Utica, NY Observer-Dispatch newspaper was titled: Invasion of the Hobby Robots. ___...___ The story features quite a few referrals to the Lego Mindstorms kit and many referalls (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego on TV

(...) I saw only the first show, saw the LEGO, they had a table of bricks and showed the family around it. Ahmed Zappa, one of the sons of Frank Zappa, the musician. Mike (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego on TV

(...) LEGO on TLC During Robotica (rip-off of the U.K. version of Robotwars!) a contender named Grimlock was based on a Lego prototype Technic bot. And if you’re wondering, Grimlock lost… it lost bad. :( But at least the prototype could be entered (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego on TV

Ahmet Zappa. Trying to live up to his dad's odd reputation, I guess. "Bryan Beckwith" <bbbeckwi@mail.SPAMB...Kuccs.edu> wrote in message news:GBAs8t.EnD@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) Who (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego on TV

I watched part of Robotica but didn't notice the LEGO. I kept changing the channel because that announcer guy was just too annoying for my tastes. Who is that guy anyway? Bryan Beckwith FUT: lugnet.mediawatch "D M Garcia" <dmglego@yahoo.com> wrote (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Iowa State U. students use Legos to learn technology

from article: " Iowa State U. students use Legos to learn technology [...] As part of Iowa State University's "Preparing Today's Teachers For Tomorrow" program, Computer Engineering 370 -- Toying With Technology -- helps pre-service teachers in the (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.edu, lugnet.robotics.edu)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact