 MediaWatch / 491 (-20)
  Re: LEGO Company New Products at Toy Fair 2002

[snip] (...) Five Words: Does it work with BRICKS?! (...) [snip] (...) We shall see. -Mike Petrucelli (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Galidor Debuts With A Whimper, Not A Bang

So, the pilot episode of Galidor aired today...since I'm the first person posting about it, I'll assume that no one else saw it. I will say this for the show: The production values are vastly superior to previous Fox Kids live action offerings (the (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Technological Literacy Newsletter

(...) This has been going on for a while now: (URL) usually receive at least 3 copies of these news letters, one of which I subscribed to, the others were harvested. -Rob. (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Technological Literacy Newsletter

Somehow, I think through test data used on a website I did in work, I have found myself recieving the Technological Literacy Newsletter. I'll include it in its entirity (minus the adverts). Not tremendously interesting, but it recomends LEGO for use (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Bionicle Spotted On "The Chronicle"

My wife has SciFi Channels "The Chronicle" on behind me, and she calls out "Hey! Bionicle!" In this episode, "Man and Superman", the group is in a comic book shop, and the Tahu standee is prominent in the background. Matt (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  BrickLink's plight recognized in the news.

Ok, so it was a *very* short blurb on C|Net that you can find here: (URL) this blurb was noted by an email news clipping service run by a fairly famous intellectual property lawfirm (BNA). So, it is likely that many thousands of IP lawyers are (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.mediawatch) !!

  Brickfilms on SBS

Hi everyone, I just saw an ad on SBS after South Park about a Brickfilm. The film is about two gay minifigs. It is on 'Eat Carpet' at 12 midnight this Saturday. Bye. TOM (23 years ago, 4-Feb-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGO fan films on DW TV

My apologies if this has already been posted. I caught the tail end of a news-like story about fan made brick films this morning on DW-TV ((URL) showed clips from some different films (by Marcel Belledin, IIRC) and there was an interview with a (...) (23 years ago, 3-Feb-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.animation)

  Videoclip

Hi all, I was watching MTV-Europe this afternoon when suddenly a clip caught my attention... it was made entirely with LEGO *bricks* (literally), of the few Basic colours we used to know just ten years ago. The name of the band was "The White (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGO at Nuremberg Toy Fair

Melbourne's local free afternoon paper, MX, had a short story on the toy fair in Nuremberg, Germany. Accompanying it was a photo of part of the LEGO exhibit, featuring a bird-watcher, complete with binoculars, and birds allighted on shoulder & head. (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.au)

  LEGO at Nuremberg Toy Fair

Melbourne's local free afternoon paper, MX, had a short story on the toy fair in Nuremberg, Germany. Accompanying it was a photo of part of the LEGO exhibit, featuring a bird-watcher, complete with binoculars, and birds allighted on shoulder & head. (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.au)

  BayLUG newspaper article in Santa Rosa Press-Democrat

At our last meeting, a reporter from the San Jose Mercury News interviewed a bunch of us (including me) and a photographer took pictures, and a very nice article appeared in the next day's (Sunday) paper. The local Fremont newspaper, the Argus, also (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jan-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  LEGO (r) joins Williams Formula 1

Hello all, Check this out: (URL) can expect another Technic F1 supercar coming up this year. Jorge F. (23 years ago, 31-Jan-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.announce)

  LEGO on local radio

Our new local radio station, Nova 100.3 FM, has a station ID ad that has someone asking a bunch of kids "Do you know what Nova 100 is?" to which one kid replys "A big LEGO set?" ROSCO (23 years ago, 31-Jan-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.au)

  (canceled)

  Re: Lego attempts to rebuild global image.

(...) The article does say .. "and high-tech toys." I wonder if that means Mindstorms or Mybot. I cannot imagine them turning their backs on Mindstorms at this point, although the highly inferior products like Droid Developer obviously were not a (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jan-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.lego)

  Re: Lego attempts to rebuild global image.

(...) It makes me wonder if they're planning on throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Some of their 'forays' outside of their 'core product' have been wonderful - like Mindstorms. Or worse, maybe they'll throw out the baby, and keep the (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jan-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.lego)

  Lego attempts to rebuild global image.

TLC is apparently re-organising its marketing, involving centralizing it in Slough (ooh, you lucky people!) - I think there's a long lag between the cause (the year 2000 loss) and the effect here though. (URL) wonder what the effect of this will be (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jan-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.lego)

  Bionicle Rules (apparently)

(URL) Stacey ---...--- www.minifig.co.uk #925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling Incommunicado (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGO minifigs show up in pinewood derby photos

Reading the Atlanta Journal this morning and I noticed some famliar characters on some local cub scout pinewood derby cars, ... (URL) cars look a lot different than when I was a cub scout (some 25 years ago) jt ---...--- James J. Trobaugh North (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact