 MediaWatch / 36 (-20)
  RE: Interesting Article..."Students fashion a 'living' metropolis from Lego Blocks"

(...) IIRC (from Mindfest), the "Cricket" is about the same length and width as the 9V battery which powers it, so it is significantly smaller than an RCX. With the battery included, the entire assembly probably fits into a 4x8x3 space. There are 3 (...) (24 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Interesting Article..."Students fashion a 'living' metropolis from Lego Blocks"

(...) It looks like the crickets are basically Mindstorms RCX's, in smaller packages. If you follow the link at the bottom of the page, it takes you to CMU's page about it. A little digging finds the following pages: (URL) about the crickets. They (...) (24 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Interesting Article..."Students fashion a 'living' metropolis from Lego Blocks"

From the article: "In all, the city required more than 100,000 Lego pieces, which the company donated." Yowza! I was disappointed to read that they made their roads out of construction paper instead of the road plates. I bet they didn't use minifigs (...) (24 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO Wear Advertisement

My 2-yr old's been wearing LEGO-wear for at least 6 months now... ever since my wife found it on clearance at TJ Maxx... -Jon (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Lego Hanging Up

During the new Mag Ryan movie Hanging Up, there is Lego around at least in three different scenes. Mostly castle and pirates. Selçuk (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Article about Lego's in house CAD/CAM

(...) You are quite a challenging personality..:-) From lawyer to mechanical design engineer?..wow! Selçuk (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Article about Lego's in house CAD/CAM

(...) -Tim (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Article about Lego's in house CAD/CAM

February's issue of "Desktop Engineering", a freebie industry publication that I get at work, contained a neat two page article about the Unigraphics systems in use by Lego for everything from product and mold design to rapid prototyping of ABS (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.cad, lugnet.general) !

  Re: Lego mentioned in _The Yellow Boat_

(...) Yeah, I considered that possibility, too. More likely, this bit of dialog was entirely an invention of the playwright (Benjamin's dad), and there wasn't really a lego castle. (...) What can I say? I'm a sucker for sentimental stories, cheap or (...) (24 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego mentioned in _The Yellow Boat_

(...) Maybe he built his own Castle. When you first said you were "in tears" at the end, I assumed it was 'with laughter'. Ooops. eric (24 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Lego mentioned in _The Yellow Boat_

TheBliss4[1] went to _The Yellow Boat_ on Saturday. This play is produced by Grand Rapids Civic Theatre's Traveling Troupe, a kids' theater group.[2] The gist of the play is the true story of Benjamin, a young boy who was unfortunate enough to (...) (24 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Lego on UMUC Television

Hey all, I just saw Lego on University of Maryland University College (UMUC) Television. The channel is for televised college courses, as far as I know. I found the show while channel flipping, and it seemed to be about market choice or something, (...) (24 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGO on NPR

Star Wars Lego made a brief 'appearance' on NPR's Morning Edition last friday in a report about 'The Onion' moving its offices to NYC. -chris (24 years ago, 18-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: New newsgroup for LEGO sightings/appearances in the media

I was just wondering the other day if this group was created. I've been having computer problems and life obligations to deal with in the past few weeks and haven't been following lugnet much at all. Looks like there is already a good bit of traffic (...) (24 years ago, 18-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Lego at museum

The Museum of Natural History in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada models pyrite crystals with Lego. (24 years ago, 18-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  March 18, 2001 Baby Blues

Just got the Sunday paper, and the comic Baby Blues references Legos again. I think Lego bricks have appeared several times this comic strip. Cheers, --Ryan (URL) (24 years ago, 18-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Lego Car On UPN

On UPN's Kid's Spot, they show/ed (I am not sure if it is still on) a small Lego dune-buggy that I own driving down a shelf. Small, comes with a radio and a beach guard. From at least 4 years ago. Strange that they use it in their commercials... (24 years ago, 18-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Malcolm in the Middle

(...) The episode title was "High School Play" (the other major story line in the episode was that Malcolm got a role in the high school play), and it originally aired on December 13, 2000. (URL) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  TLC at Canadian Museums

TLC held exhibits at the Canadian Museum of Nature and the Canadian Children's Museum. Kids could build with a Master Builder or watch Danish films. Cool. It's a "Name that Dinosaur" contest.. From Sunday, Mar 11, 2001. In Ottowa Citizen news: (URL) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Lego in Mega Man 8

Just pointing this out because I haven't seen it mentioned before: In Mega Man 8 (produced by Capcom), the lower areas of Clown Man's stage are built out of purple and greenish Lego-like bricks. (24 years ago, 10-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact