 MediaWatch / 26
25  |  27
Subject:
Lego mentioned in _The Yellow Boat_
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 19:12:20 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

TheBliss4[1] went to _The Yellow Boat_ on Saturday.  This play is produced
by Grand Rapids Civic Theatre's Traveling Troupe, a kids' theater group.[2]

The gist of the play is the true story of Benjamin, a young boy who was
unfortunate enough to suffer from hemophelia in the 1980's, and ultimately
died of AIDS.  Heavy stuff for kids theater.

At one point, Benjamin is talking to Edwina (Eddie) about dying.  The
dialogue goes something like:

EDDIE:    Are you scared?
BENJAMIN: Sort of.
[pause]
EDDIE:    Can I have your legos?!?
BENJAMIN: Some of them.
          But not the castle!

I'll leave it up to speculation which castle Benjamin might have owned, but
I will throw this in:  he was born in 1979, and died some 8 years later.

--
Steve

1) Sorry, I grew tired of trying to figure out a non-awkward, concise way
to write "Myself, Kristin, and our two sons".

2) If you're in the GRMI area, I highly recommend this play.  Ultimately,
it's kids theater, but I was very impressed with what 7 kids (ages 10 to
18, skewed toward the younger end) were able to present.  I was in tears at
the end.