 MediaWatch / 2827
Re: LEGO Group and Disney Consumer Products Announce Building Sets Inspired by Pirates of the Caribbean
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2011 01:57:22 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, John P. Henderson wrote:

   Another thing to consider is that licensed themes, contrary to popular griping, almost certainly keep costs down. ...(snip)... To me that says that they either don’t know what they’re talking about, or what they’re really trying to say is that they regret the passage of time taking the primary market in a direction that’s different from what they’d prefer to see.

Good points, all. And I must confess to at least sometimes being in the latter group.

Okay, so here’s a question I have for you. If the PotC theme results in the release of a set based on Sao Feng’s junk, would that appease you? Not saying that I expect it to happen, but I realized today that it is something they would be able to produce under the current license, and which I very much hope they do.