 MediaWatch / 2691 (-20)
  Re: LEGO Article From The Wall Street Journal

(...) by this: (URL) Someone was rockin' the block! Give it a Splat! (15 years ago, 24-Dec-09, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGO Article From The Wall Street Journal

Article from today’s Wall Street Journal, December 24, 2009. There is a very interesting video link in the article: (URL) (15 years ago, 24-Dec-09, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: When LEGO® lost its head

(...) Excellent article - thanks for posting. (15 years ago, 21-Dec-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  LEGO® and Sonoco Together

Sonoco to Handle North American Packaging Services for LEGO® HARTSVILLE, S.C., Dec 08, 2009 (BUSINESS WIRE)-- Sonoco (NYSE: SON), one of the largest diversified global packaging companies, has entered into an agreement to supply packaging services (...) (15 years ago, 17-Dec-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, FTX)

  LEGO®: Play It Again

LEGO®: Play It Again Great article, from Telegraph.co.uk website. (URL) Play It Again> Enjoy. (15 years ago, 17-Dec-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, FTX)

  When LEGO® lost its head

When LEGO lost its head - and how this toy story got its' happy ending Great article, along with pictures. Link listed below. (URL) Enjoy. (15 years ago, 15-Dec-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Re: Ad for Honda Jazz using virtual bricks

(...) Apparently they're Mega Bloks by design: (URL) (15 years ago, 6-Dec-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.cad)

  LEGOLAND® Malaysia plan to open in 2012

LEGOLAND® Malaysia plan to open in 2012. Blocks In Place For LEGOLAND at Iskandar. SINGAPORE, Dec. 3, 2009 — Construction of Asia’s first LEGOLAND theme park — a US$200 million (RM675 million) project featuring 40 different rides and attractions — (...) (15 years ago, 6-Dec-09, to lugnet.legoland, lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Ad for Honda Jazz using virtual bricks

(URL) that the video description mentions Mega Bloks even though they are virtual... ROSCO (15 years ago, 6-Dec-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.cad)

  Lego Gun brings SWAT to Toronto man's office

Long story short, Guy buys gun from brickgun.com, guy builds toy at office, neighbor across the street sees gun thru window, neighbor calls the cops. SWAT does what SWAT does and "take down" guy with lego. Lego guy fully complies and was released (...) (15 years ago, 5-Dec-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: LEGO® Launches Battle Over Trademark

(...) That's an interesting question to ponder. When LEGO-scale Mega Bloks came onto the scene, they filled a gap that LEGO had left open. Namely, MB produced simple sets with large quantities of basic elements in unusual colors, such as military (...) (15 years ago, 23-Nov-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: LEGO® Launches Battle Over Trademark

(...) Happens now and again. As I recall, toy vehicles that transformed into robots were marketed in the USA with almost no success, but Hasbro took the idea, attached a story line to it, and an animated show, and it took off like wildfire. I expect (...) (15 years ago, 23-Nov-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: LEGO® Launches Battle Over Trademark

(...) You're assuming that TLC actually took cues from MB in terms of how to fix their business model. In terms of the AFOL market, all it meant to TLC was that their customers stopped buying as much stuff, not that they started buying the (...) (15 years ago, 22-Nov-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: LEGO® Launches Battle Over Trademark

(...) Here's a better question. If that had been the case, would anyone have even had the desire to attempt to clone MB at all? There are several different construction toy systems out there, and so far the only one I've really seen any non-bootleg (...) (15 years ago, 22-Nov-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: LEGO® Launches Battle Over Trademark

(...) "This is the sort of language up with which I will not put." -Winston Churchill The false idea that you can't end a sentance with a preposition in English comes from the fact that you literally can't in Latin. You shouldn't just tack a (...) (15 years ago, 22-Nov-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: LEGO® Launches Battle Over Trademark

(...) Doh! Caught with my participle dangling for all to see. Scandalous! (15 years ago, 20-Nov-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: LEGO® Launches Battle Over Trademark

(...) I would concede that point to you, Dave! But, in the future, please try to refrain from ending sentences with prepositions. It's embarrassing. (URL) (...) Well put, Dave! JOHN (15 years ago, 20-Nov-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: LEGO® Launches Battle Over Trademark

(...) If TLG produced better quality bricks, I wouldn't see the advantage of making them compatible with a competitor's inferior product. (...) Yes they can. JOHN (15 years ago, 20-Nov-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: LEGO® Launches Battle Over Trademark

(...) I guess here's the rub: To turn it around for a minute, suppose that MegaBloks had come out first, and produced poor quality bricks. Then, when their patent ran out, LEGO decided to make awesome bricks that matched the MegaBloks standard, (...) (15 years ago, 19-Nov-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: LEGO® Launches Battle Over Trademark

(...) That's a great point, Dave, and it brings to mind two related issues: 1. Competition. I wonder what path LEGO would have chosen in the mid-90s if they didn't have a significant market competitor to deal with. Mega Bloks was just starting to (...) (15 years ago, 19-Nov-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact