 MediaWatch / 2301 (-20)
  Re: Lego-Nintendo join up for Zelda- Nobody saw this the other day?

(...) (URL) (17 years ago, 4-Apr-07, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: 'Lego Ban' at Seattle School Fueled by Anti-Private Property Crusaders

(...) Very interesting article. As I expected the original one linked to distorted it severely. I'm glad some educators are taking the effort to teach children to think about concepts of ownership too. In my opinion the amount of implicitly accepted (...) (17 years ago, 4-Apr-07, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Lego-Nintendo join up for Zelda- Nobody saw this the other day?

Nintendo series Legend of Zelda gets the Lego treatment, after success of Lego Star Wars: (URL) (17 years ago, 4-Apr-07, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: searching for tv-spots from TLC

Orion Pobursky schrieb: (...) I have also looked at www.retrojunk.com. Very interesting. cu mikeheide (17 years ago, 29-Mar-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.cad)

  Re: searching for tv-spots from TLC

(...) Here's a collection of YouTube links: (URL) Looking those up was way more fun than I expected. (18 years ago, 29-Mar-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.cad)

  Lego in NY Times - Dating dealbreaker?

Hi all, There's an article in today's New York Times on how badly decorated apartments can be bad for dating. One person profiled in the article (Bob Strauss, NY) is described as a Lego collector, and there is a picture of him building! Check out (...) (18 years ago, 29-Mar-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: 'Lego Ban' at Seattle School Fueled by Anti-Private Property Crusaders

Looks like Rethinking Schools added the article to their archives, and is visible now: (URL) (18 years ago, 28-Mar-07, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  searching for tv-spots from TLC

I have some tv-spots from TLC. Does anybody has also some from other countries than germany. mikeheide (18 years ago, 28-Mar-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.cad)

  Fox news www

On today's (3-27-07) "Political Grapevine" with Brit Hume there was a piece about teaches banning lego from the class for a while since the teachers didn't like the "(paraphrased)capita...lass-type' things the kids were building. ?!?!?!? the (...) (18 years ago, 28-Mar-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The LEGO Group Selects NetDevil to Create Branded MMOG

(...) Actually, if I remember correctly, Magic: The Gathering online lets you convert in-game cards into real physical cards (under drastic conditions, as far as I remember). Maybe it doesn't quite qualify as MMOG, though. (18 years ago, 27-Mar-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: The LEGO Group Selects NetDevil to Create Branded MMOG

(...) Never played LI, but a game where I could build a spaceship and get my sigfig to fly around in it would be the bossest ever!! -Lenny (...) (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: The LEGO Group Selects NetDevil to Create Branded MMOG

I have a feeling that this will be much like Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) or Nick's Nicktropolis (Coca-cola has one too), and much less like World of Warcraft or Everquest. These web based MMOGs are very popular, and not only draw in users, (...) (18 years ago, 7-Mar-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: The LEGO Group Selects NetDevil to Create Branded MMOG

(...) I'll be keeping an eye on this, it could be very interesting. But I've got to wonder why LEGO decided to announce it more than a year before their official release date... Kelly (18 years ago, 6-Mar-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  The LEGO Group Selects NetDevil to Create Branded MMOG

(URL) press release> The LEGO® Group today announced it has commenced a working relationship with NetDevil® to develop a massively multiplayer online gaming experience to further engage its dedicated and active community. “As children around the (...) (18 years ago, 5-Mar-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX) !!

  The cubic structural evolution project in Australia

(URL) The cubic structural evolution project 2004 is a spectacular installation that invites visitors to participate in the construction of a cityscape using thousands of pieces of Lego. For Eliasson, audience collaboration is of central importance. (...) (18 years ago, 5-Mar-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: 'Lego Ban' at Seattle School Fueled by Anti-Private Property Crusaders

(...) Is it the weather and lack of sunshine that leads to this counter-to-reality belief systems that develop in Washington's educational systems? Does anyone see irony in the PRIVATE School teaching that PRIVATE property is wrong. Maybe the (...) (18 years ago, 1-Mar-07, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: 'Lego Ban' at Seattle School Fueled by Anti-Private Property Crusaders

(...) Dave-- Please do post if you find the article. As for the snippet you did post--"In the current issue they describe how some kids hoarded the "best" pieces, denied their classmates any access at all to the pretend town they were building, and (...) (18 years ago, 28-Feb-07, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: 'Lego Ban' at Seattle School Fueled by Anti-Private Property Crusaders

(...) Well, it wasn't a statement about the Lego Group, it was a statement about how kids were using the bricks. A quick summary of the article on (URL) states: ---...--- Why We Banned Legos As they watched their elementary-age students playing with (...) (18 years ago, 28-Feb-07, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: 'Lego Ban' at Seattle School Fueled by Anti-Private Property Crusaders

(...) --snip-- (...) I like how the author ties together two entirely different stories into one for hilarious comic effect. Private school teaches children that private property is evil through an example using Lego is so obviously related to how (...) (18 years ago, 28-Feb-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: 'Lego Ban' at Seattle School Fueled by Anti-Private Property Crusaders

(...) Good grief! Somebody needs to go back and re-educate these teachers! As an educator myself, I find it ridiculous that LEGO was banned. I don't see other building toys banned here...and isn't it LEGO that has things like First LEGO League, (...) (18 years ago, 28-Feb-07, to lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact