 MediaWatch / 2288
2287  |  2289
Subject:
The LEGO Group Selects NetDevil to Create Branded MMOG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2007 21:54:42 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

LEGO.com press release

The LEGO® Group today announced it has commenced a working relationship with NetDevil® to develop a massively multiplayer online gaming experience to further engage its dedicated and active community.

“As children around the world continue to spend more time online we are developing new and engaging ways for them to interact with our brand,” said Lisbeth Valther Pallesen, Executive Vice President, Community, Education and Direct Division LEGO Group. “The LEGO brand represents construction, creativity and problem solving – values that compliment the MMOG market. By merging the online world of social interaction with physical play, the LEGO brand is providing new experiences for children, as well as fans. NetDevil’s technological capability, openness to work with a large community, and their enthusiasm for the LEGO brand made them a natural partner.”

“Playing with LEGO bricks and developing online worlds are both creative activities. To bring them together is deeply professionally satisfying and we look forward to working with the LEGO team,” said Scott Brown, President of NetDevil.

Kotaku coverage

Well... will it be the first MMOG to let you convert in game item into real item?