 MediaWatch / 1921 (-20)
  LDD "hackers" made CNET

(URL) For those of you following the efforts of LDD users in streamlining the bag use in LDD, CNET published a cool article about it, and LEGO's reaction to their work. Quoted are Dan Malec, Larry Pieniazek, and Jake McKee (among others). I find it (...) (19 years ago, 15-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  LDD story on Metropolismag.com

Metropolismag.com has an interesting LDD story: (URL) Among other things, it says that the beta version of LDD has been downloaded 700,000 times (not sure exactly what they mean by "beta" since it's been available for a while), and almostl 32,000 (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Disturbing Mega hit on Amazon for Lego Vikings

(...) Let's be careful with the "theft" word, shall we? It's borderline libel, after all, and one might likewise be tempted to suggest that LEGO purloined the whole Vikings idea from Mega Bloks, which released the 9604 Viking Ship way back in 1995. (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Disturbing Mega hit on Amazon for Lego Vikings

Just did a search on Amazon for Lego Viking and got this result as the number one return above ALL of the Lego sets: ------ Results for Lego Viking Customers who searched for Lego Viking ultimately chose: 1. Mega Bloks Pyrates Dread Eye's Phantom (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Newspaper article about Lego Factory Contest winner in the Tennessean

This article was in the Tennessean paper on Thursday, September 8th. It is in the section D "Living" of the paper. I scanned the article and uploaded it to Brickshelf.com. Here is the link: (URL) 718 (19 years ago, 11-Sep-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.tn)

  Re: People getting uppity about "legos"

(...) So, I had to try it. Jeepers, you get redirected in 10 seconds. The only thing that made me sad was that the message wasn't signed by Susan Williams like the old announcement in the catalogues :( (19 years ago, 10-Sep-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  People getting uppity about "legos"

(URL) one's a chuckle. The "LEGO brand speech" on "www.legos.com" makes perfect sense to me, but I guess some people don't have enough to complain about. - Kelly (19 years ago, 7-Sep-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGO press releases: European production adjustments

TLG released a couple of press releases today. One indicates that several European facilities will be closed, and a lot of the function will go to a Czech facility. Switzerland, in particular, will lose a few hundred jobs, including some machine (...) (19 years ago, 31-Aug-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  More Little Artists

Hi all, Since I've been a little addicted to the little artists lately, I've founf another link with a bunch of pictures of their recreations of famous modern art pieces out of our favourite toy. (URL) on the links to see pictures of varius famous (...) (19 years ago, 25-Aug-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general)

  "For Lego, an Online Lifeline?"

Taken from: (URL) For Lego, an Online Lifeline? The building-block maker has had some rough times as toys go digital, but its new Lego Factory Web site may help it reconnect with kids When he was a three-year-old boy, Neal McClatchey's father (...) (19 years ago, 24-Aug-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  BBC Caption Comp: Little Artists

Hi all, If you're interested (and quick as it will disappear) check out or even participate in this weeks BBC online caption competition. (URL) picture is from the Little Artist exhibition in Liverpool which I previously mentioned in this post (URL) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGOMASTER - FJSRADIO - Tonight 8/17/05

I'm going to the FJSRadio studio tonight to take part in the Waterbug Hotel radio show. CHECK IT OUT. (URL) I will be making some announcements. Where? ONLINE - (URL) FJSRadio.com> When? Tonight August 17th 2005 - After 8pm until midnight or so. (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: BBC "Day in pictures"

PS. See (URL) for better images PPS. It is Hirst, not Hurst (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.uk.en)

  Re: BBC "Day in pictures"

(...) That is from a series called 'Little Artists' made by a Mancunian artist pair (I think) John Cake and Darren Neave. It recreates famous British modern art pieces such as the shark by Damien Hurst and 'Everyone I have ever slept with' by Tracy (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.uk.en)

  BBC "Day in pictures"

Go to the last picture of the day: "6 of 6: The finishing touches are added to an art exhibition made entirely of Lego, on display in the British city of Liverpool." (URL) Does anybody in UK has more information on this art exhibition? Cheers, (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.uk.en)

  Steve Wynn's creative use of "Lego toy" in a simile

(URL) new creation was received by some travel writers and architectural critics not with the awe they greeted his Mirage in 1989 and Bellagio in 1998 but with questions about why it cost a record-breaking $2.7 billion and with mocking of Wynn's (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: BrickFest in the Washington Post

Article in Businesswire: (URL) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  BrickFest coverage in Seattle and Dallas

A story about BrickFest made it to the second page of the Seattle Times featuring a picture of the Taj Mahal (8/16/05). Also, a brief story ran on the news in Dallas according to my family, there. Ashley Glennon (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.mediawatch)

  NMRA/NTS-ILTCO show features on full length Satelite TV show

At the NMRA, Richard Einhorn, the host of "The Train Show", visited the ILTCO multiclub NMRA show during set-up and showtimes. He interviewed several members, and taped a lot of footage. The next schedule for season 3 has just been released, and it (...) (19 years ago, 16-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: BrickFest in the Washington Post

(...) Article on Wired: (URL) (19 years ago, 16-Aug-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact