 MediaWatch / 1631 (-5)
  Re: LEGO sells "violent" toys?

(...) I was flipping through a toy catalog the other day (Hearthsong, I think), and I came upon a page with some Bionicle sets. I was shocked to realize how out-of-place the Bionicle sets seemed. Very evil and ominous seeming. (...) That's true. But (...) (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO sells "violent" toys?

(...) Me too. My parents didn't let me watch them, believe it or not. I did anyway though. (...) No, they're certainly cartoonlike. (...) Or just the first time they were big enough for these guys to notice them. I share your feelings about these (...) (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGO sells "violent" toys?

I ashamed to say that this information came out of Canada: (URL) disrespect to Mr. Martens of Project Peacemakers, but I think there are so many worse things in the world to worry about. If Bionicles are violent, then I shudder to think what all (...) (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO's Rescue... Interesting article in the Sunday Times (UK)

(...) a very sad state of affairs, to say the least. just walk down the isles of wal-mart, and notice what kind of toys get the most shelf space. last year, around chistmas, they had at least four whole isles, both sides, FULL of junk "made in (...) (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGO's Rescue... Interesting article in the Sunday Times (UK)

The Nov 14 Sunday Times features an interesting and fairly indepth article about the current situation within the LEGO company: (URL) article seems to go to great lengths to point out how bad things are at the moment. However, it also offers what I (...) (20 years ago, 14-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact