 MediaWatch / 1336 (-10)
  Cheaper by the Dozen - 2 Sightings

Just got back from celebrating my sons 10th b-day. I spotted Lego in 2 scenes. One of the kids had an Insectoids insect and there was also a blue bucket way in the background of a different scene. Julie (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO wobbles as Star Wars and Harry Potter sales tumble

(...) I had to look up the word 'sop' but no I don't think that's what it is. I'm pretty sure it's just the work of some marketing guy. :) (...) Well... I am pretty sure I'm glad you didn't flame me. :) (1) And to clarify (whilst agreeing with you) (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO wobbles as Star Wars and Harry Potter sales tumble

(...) Either that or it's a sop to us. :-) ++Lar (thought about "flaming" Allan about the whole concept/product thing but realised I totally agree with him... kids (the major market, so they keep telling us) buy products, not concepts. Only (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO wobbles as Star Wars and Harry Potter sales tumble

(...) So what is behind the ages on the Designer sets? The high number is 99. Does this mean that certain LEGO product lines are good for life, but others have a limited appeal? :) (...) Yes. Allan B. (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO wobbles as Star Wars and Harry Potter sales tumble

In lugnet.mediawatch, Allan Bedford wrote: (URL) A couple things in the first article really worried me: (...) This is disturbing, but I had two thoughts about this: first, most of the time when a company issues a statement, it's a public company (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO wobbles as Star Wars and Harry Potter sales tumble

(...) I got these links in my Google news alert today. I was saddened to read this. (...) I totally agree. With the release of the Designer sets it felt like a really great year. I just hope they don't get into one of those cycles where low sales (...) (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: LEGO wobbles as Star Wars and Harry Potter sales tumble

(...) I can't cite the cite at the moment but I seem to recall hearing that in the US, toy sales were projected to be down 7% overall for the holiday season, while electronics and gadgetry were up double digits. Could be a faulty memory though. (...) (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: Bullets over Bionicle

(...) not the seals on the set were intact. I've always wondered why most of the Wal-Marts have the sporting goods section, including guns/ammunition, right next to the toy section. Erik (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Bullets over Bionicle

Hello all, Has anyone else heard of this incident or LEGO's repsonse to it? Some kid found .22 caliber bullets in his Bionicle set, bought from Wal-mart. (URL) (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: NPR's Morning Edition: Broken Toys

(...) That was a cute story - thanks for the link! When I worked at the Imagination Center there were people who would shake the boxes and ask "do they have to build this?" I'd say "No, they GET to build it..." <grin> JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact