 MediaWatch / 1333
Re: LEGO wobbles as Star Wars and Harry Potter sales tumble
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 2003 02:33:42 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Thomas Garrison wrote:

What I found interesting was this paragraph:

"The company has said that children also grow up faster than they used to,
meaning that Lego bricks are discarded more quickly."

So is this the reason that most system sets have an age range of 6--10 now, vs.
8--12 in the 80s, or is changing the age ranges the reason why "Lego bricks are
discarded more quickly",

So what is behind the ages on the Designer sets?  The high number is 99.  Does
this mean that certain LEGO product lines are good for life, but others have a
limited appeal?  :)

and this is an attempt to pretend the causes are beyond
TLC's control?

Yes.

Allan B.