 MediaWatch / 1330
Re: LEGO wobbles as Star Wars and Harry Potter sales tumble
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 20:51:03 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Kevin McMillin wrote:
   LEGO predicting 2003 sales losses

Similar article at The Australian Financial Review

That’s too bad - it seemed to me like 2003 was a good year,
I certainly bought more than in a long time.

I can’t cite the cite at the moment but I seem to recall hearing that in the US, toy sales were projected to be down 7% overall for the holiday season, while electronics and gadgetry were up double digits. Could be a faulty memory though.

(here’s one from the NYT that projected 4% down... you may have to register to read it, not sure)

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/12/24/business/24evil.html?ex=1072933200&en=51e4bf8c3a40542d&ei=5062&partner=GOOGLE