 MediaWatch / 1081 (-10)
  Legoland worker wins claim for disability discrimination

In MX News, 14 July, reproduced without permission Lego reward no 'armless gesture ===...=== An English theme park worker with a paralysed arm is expecting a five-figure payout after his bosses gave him a Lego figure with its arm in a sling. Rob (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jul-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.uk, FTX)

  Brickish Association member on TV

Brickish Association member Duncan Titmarch and Guy Bagley, chief modelmaker at LEGOLAND Windsor, were interviewed on LivingTV's Loose Lips programme on July 9th. They talked about the search for a new LEGO masterbuilder, the new Designer sets and (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jul-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.mediawatch) !

  Drew Carey Show

Hi all, On a syndicated rerun of the Drew Carey show last night Drew had to get upstairs to the boss's office within 15 minutes and he kept running into different obstacles. One of them was some workers who were carrying 4 foot tall skyscrapers made (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Los Angeles Times Magazine (7.6.03)

There's a one page article with photos about and of yours truly in my local paper's insert magazine. -Henry (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  [rtlToronto] Lego Road Show in Chinese Canadian newspaper

We're pretty used to having press in large Canadian newspapers, but here's an unusual one: (URL) participation in the Lego What Will You Make Americas roadshow tour was highlighted in a small article in Ming Pao Daily Canada, the most read Chinese (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Rev. Brendan Powell Smith on cover of The Door Magazine

Hi, Dan. Thanks for pointing this out. I just got my copy of the magazine today. I had no idea they were going to actually put a photo of *me* on the cover along with the Garden of Eden shot. Crazy. The phone interview was done so long ago that I (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jul-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Stargate SG-1

The first season episode 'Cold Lazarus' has appearences of at least two LEGO sets: (URL) sets can be seen in Jack O'Niel's son's bedroom. (21 years ago, 5-Jul-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Herbivore magazine

There is a LEGO related reference in the premiere issue of Herbivore magazine (a vegetarian lifestyle magazine). (URL) don't know what article it appeared in-- I was reading it at 2:30 in the morning and I had been up for close to 40 hours straight (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jul-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Story in SUN

Ok, no I do feel like I've made the 'big time'. The SUN weekly tabloid (the American one, not the UK Sun) has a one page write up about me. This is the 1 July issue... it may be off the stands by now... someone just got me a copy. I was not (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Rev. Brendan Powell Smith on cover of The Door Magazine

I subscribe to The Door magazine--a religious satire publication. The July/August issue arrived in the mail today and as I removed it from its envelope a shocked grin spread across my face. The cover of the magazine featured a great shot that looked (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.mediawatch) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact