 Marketplace / Theory / 878
Re: Auction Stats!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 06:26:16 GMT

High : 764 -
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=244469427
(I still can not explain the above - any ideas?)

I must say that I do not see these turntables auctioned very often.
Probably because they only come in mainly the largest of the technic sets.
Personnally, one of the main reasons I got 8 space shuttles when they were
at Zany Brainy was for these parts.

Anomalies:
Why this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=244511878
ended lower than this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=244511859

I believe it has alot to do with the titles of the lots.  Someone doing a
search for "river" plates would only get the higher lot, while someone
searching for "island" plates would only get the lower lot.

The high bidder for each lot did not even bid on the other lot, so it's
probably safe to assume that they didn't know about it.  They also don't
appear to be people that I recognize from lugnet (not that I know everyone),
so they wouldn't have seen your announcements there.

Quite possibly the fact that there are just so many auctions in eBay that it
is sometimes hard to find just what you are looking for.  Not to mention
some people don't bother to click on "view seller's other auctions".

and had NR) - i.e. stop last minute bidders. Despite this, the last 12
hours of the auction saw a 20% jump in hits, bids and total value.

I've noticed that no matter what I did, messing with end times and duration,
bidding was always concentrated on the first and last days, with most on the
last.  Again I think that this has to do with the volume of auctions on
eBay.  The first day you are listed as "new". The last day you are listed as
"closing soon".  These add extra paths to your auctions for bidders.  Also,
I think that it is human nature to start at either end of the listings,
either page 1 or page 44, but not somewhere in the middle.

There are also the people that use the snipping programs, that no matter
when they view your auction, will not place a bid until late in the auction.

Troy