 Marketplace / Theory / 882
Re: Auction Stats!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 15:25:58 GMT

I very rarely use the title/description search (except when researching
recent prices of popular sets - too bad you can only do a title search
on closed auctions).

Title Searching
A good thing to do is to look out for sellers who have not put "Lego" in their
title, as these auctions get far fewer hits (and bids?). The url below gives Lego
Train items, with no "Lego" in the title (1 hit):

http://search.ebay.com/cgi-bin/texis/ebay/results.html?query=train+-lego&categoryid=&ht=1&st=0&category2=1186&maxRecordsReturned=300&maxRecordsPerPage=100&SortProperty=MetaEndSort

And, just for Frank, here is Pirates with no "Lego"  (0 hits):
http://search.ebay.com/cgi-bin/texis/ebay/results.html?query=-lego+pirate&categoryid=&ht=1&st=0&category2=1186&maxRecordsReturned=300&maxRecordsPerPage=100&SortProperty=MetaEndSort

Price Research
Forget using Ebay for this. Use: http://www.honesty.com/cgi-bin/ebay-avgprice.cgi

By entering "8880 MISB", it tells me:
Nothing!  As the site is down right now! Usually, it gives highs,  lows, averages
and weighted averages for past ebay auctions.

Scott A