 Marketplace / Theory / 793
792  |  794
Subject:
"Free Web Space"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 09:08:20 GMT

For all my Lego web stuff I use free webspace accounts. I have two
accounts:

1. For my website :
"http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Bridge/8522/LEGO.htm"
No (admin) problems here.

2. For holding my auction pictures {1 & 2}.
This has now been suspended as I'm not allowed to:
"use your home page (or directory) as storage for remote loading
or as a door or signpost to another home page, whether inside
or beyond Yahoo GeoCities;"

I can't really argue about this, as I did agree to the terms and
conditions (T&C). The fact that I had 65 html files (for 65 auctions)
written using files I cropped, sized, uploaded and addressed is really
only my own fault. I only hope they clamp down on porn just as
strongly(?).

Back to the point. Last night I spent an hour or so checking free web
space TIC. So far I have only found one which lets me link directly to
images - www.tripod.com . Tripod's only rule appears to be that I can
not post nude pictures of my wife (My wife has agreed to this). So my
questions are these :

A. Has anybody else had these problems?
B. Is Tripod any good?
C. Are other accounts available (I do not mind paying a small amount via
credit card)?

Thanks for your help.

Scott A

{1} I have web accounts at home and work but I can not use these (Home :
V Slow Uploads  - Work : I'd get sacked - which is a pity as the
connection is very very fast).
{2} I prefer an account in the US, as this is where the majority (>75%)
of the page views will be.