 Marketplace / Theory / 796
Re: "Free Web Space"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 16:42:05 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Scott Arthur writes:

Back to the point. Last night I spent an hour or so checking free web
space TIC. So far I have only found one which lets me link directly to
images - www.tripod.com . Tripod's only rule appears to be that I can
not post nude pictures of my wife (My wife has agreed to this). So my
questions are these :

A. Has anybody else had these problems?
B. Is Tripod any good?
C. Are other accounts available (I do not mind paying a small amount via
credit card)?

I've heard that Tripod will yank your account if they get the
idea that you are using them to host images to be displayed from
other servers (ie use them as a holding ground for ebay auction
images or the like).  I'm not sure about that, but I've heard
that.  If it's not in their terms of service agreement, then
that's probably incorrect information and they might be a good
choice.

--

jthompson@esker.com   "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"