 Marketplace / Theory / 429
Re: Interesting interpretation of "new in box"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 13:16:53 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

And continuing along that vein, here's an interesting interpretation of
"mint in box"

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=183974073&tc=photo1186

Mint apparently means 2 or 3 pieces missing!

Quoting:

" MISSING 2 OR 3 SMALL PIECES BUT WHEN PUT TOGETHER YOU CANNOT TELL THEY
ARE "

Ah, but the TruFAN would know.

Hm, I wonder if it's worth raising a stink with eBay. Both of these are
clearly misrepresentations. New in Box should not have a picture of a
set in a plastic baggie and no sign of the box. Mint should clearly not
be a set which is missing pieces, and on newer sets, should require the
parts to still be in bags.

If they're going to get snotty about your extra comments, they should
get snotty about misuse of semi-standard collectors terms (or do they
just plain not care about THEIR reputation - "oh eBay, that's that
auction site which Mint in Sealed Box means that there is at least one
part in the lot which might have come from the set that the lot is
advertised to be").

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com