 Marketplace / Theory / 377
Re: Dutch Auctions on Ebay.... Has anyone any advice?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 08:03:04 GMT

If i see an item has more than 10 bids or so, I tend to think its reached
its value (or exceeded it).

Kevin Wilson <70641.507@compuserve.com> wrote in message
<38068DF3.C109602A@compuserve.com>...
Scott A wrote:
But this can lead to a high number
of bidders - which can discourage people too.

Really?  I thought it was the other way round - seeing something really
popular (lots of bids, maybe the eBay "hot" icon) people tend to go take
a look and see what's so great - which increases the likelihood they
will bid (since they gotta look at it first before they can bid).

What do you base your opinion on? (Not trying to say you're wrong: just
I would really like to know!)

Kevin