 Marketplace / Theory / 375
Re: Dutch Auctions on Ebay.... Has anyone any advice?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 22:21:53 GMT

Starting things low gets people interested and once they have bid on
something at  a low level they are more likely to keep bidding on it. If
there are several of the same set competing (as with 8880) it's an even
better idea because people will often bid on the lowest priced
alternative (so they'll bid on yours rather than the one which starts at
$50) and then they are less likey to bid on another one at the same
time.

I normally start low too : $0.25 and NR. But this can lead to a high number
of bidders - which can discourage people too.

The problem for me is if I do "go Dutch" with a 7 x 8880 auction, with a
starting price of $1, it will take a lot of bids for me to break even(?).

Scott A.