 Marketplace / Theory / 372
Re: Dutch Auctions on Ebay.... Has anyone any advice?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 15:01:52 GMT

Well of course if its a large, rare or uncommon, set, the way to best
money is to leak them out slowly. If you do dump a bunch at once, doing
a dutch auction will probably make your bidders most happy (because if
you only want one, you just bid enough to get one, not have to jump back
and forth between several auctions trying to get the best price).

The auction would be for 8880's

The plan was to catch a buyer who wants more than 1, as the shipping cost
per unit drops sharply at these sorts of weights:

1 -39.35($)
2 -30.65
3 -27.36
4 -25.43
5 -24.17
6 -23.33
7 -22.73

The problem is setting a starting price (sub $100), as I do not expect it
rise much above that.... as interest appears to have dropped for this set
since DYA, and now BB, sell at sub $100.

Scott A