 Marketplace / Theory / 32
  Re: No really - a rational discussion of people selling via eBay?

(...) WHat I find objectionable (and what I think most people are actually complaining about) is hoarding not scalping. I think it is wrong for someone who has big pockets to go into a market and buy up all of some item, and then turn around with (...) (25 years ago, 18-May-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

Frank Filz wrote in message <37419C9C.3D6D@minds...ng.com>... :WHat I find objectionable (and what I think most people are actually :complaining about) is hoarding not scalping. I think it is wrong for :someone who has big pockets to go into a (...) (25 years ago, 19-May-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: No really - a rational discussion of people selling via eBay?

(...) Whew. Well, that's a relief, then. You've got nothing to worry about in a free market, because hoarding just can't happen. As long as multiple sellers of the product exist, the market will be at what the product is really worth. The only way (...) (25 years ago, 19-May-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: No really - a rational discussion of people selling via eBay?

(...) A few comments about hoarding: - I hope that in some cases, the hoarders get screwed by the manufacturers increasing production to feed the apparent market. I hope the manufacturers don't get screwed by overproducing. - One annoying thing is (...) (25 years ago, 19-May-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: No really - a rational discussion of people selling via eBay?

(...) I agree with all of the above. (...) I'm not absolutely sure that I would not call Franz K. a hoarder, but I have no problem with what he is doing. Once an item is out of production long enough for most areas to no longer have a stock, I think (...) (25 years ago, 19-May-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: No really - a rational discussion of people selling via eBay?

(...) The thing I don't understand is, how are the prices for some things staying so consistently high? I've seen more Guarded Inn's go through eBay in the last few months than I remember seeing on RTL in the last year or more, all at a very high (...) (25 years ago, 21-May-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: "Bundling" sets for auctions doesn't work well.

(...) It may depend on the general price range the items are falling into. Generally, the more bundled something is, the greater the number of people who will be attracted to something inside the bundle. But above a certain point, it becomes (...) (25 years ago, 24-May-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  "Bundling" sets for auctions doesn't work well.

(...) I've been told (and I've found it to be true in my own auctions) that "bundling" things together for auction usually does not increase the bid value very much, and sometimes even makes it go down (people only want one set, and figure someone (...) (25 years ago, 24-May-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: "Bundling" sets for auctions doesn't work well.

(...) Well, I've rarely seen the 1967 broken up, but I have seen people break up copies of the Launch Command triple pack before. I just figured since I had one left that was unopened I would auction them that way in case someone else wanted them (...) (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: "Bundling" sets for auctions doesn't work well.

(...) I think that point isn't difficult to reach; rarely does someone want everything in a bundle (which is often why it has been bundled in the first place). <snipped point about the detriments of bundling> (...) Which is why many won't mess with (...) (25 years ago, 26-May-99, to lugnet.market.theory)