 Marketplace / Theory / 313
Re: To sell or to auction, that is the question.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 17:44:56 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Frank Filz writes:
what I don't quite understand is why Serious
Collector lets the auctions sit for so long before hitting going once).

That's a seller option, I believe. I think you can choose 7, I KNOW you can
choose 14 or 21. I had been choosing 21 but have now been going with 14. I may
go 7 if I can.

eBay now allows 10 as well as 7 but there's still the fixed end time thing.

That and the proxy bidding is flawed, I feel. Although I don't have the bid
amounts yet I suspect someone got my Maersk truck listing for one cent more
than what I suspect the proxy was.... (I think proxy was 50, they got it for
50.01) instead of the min bump.

As we have discussed, although it is fair because it is in their rules, it may
not be as "fair" in the meta sense as needing to go up a whole bid increment to
get it.