 Marketplace / Theory / 305
Re: To sell or to auction, that is the question.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 09:08:23 GMT

When to sell.
The fist bider that:
a) Agrees to your price
b) Is happing with shipping arangments
c) Is happy with your payment terms
Gets the item.

Self manged auctions.
Too much work!

Ebay (etc) Auctions
a) Some bidders never pay.
b) With Ebay, you must pay commision

I find that straight sales on Lugnet/RTL seldom produce problems in terms of
non-payment. This is my preferred mothod. Items which I cannot price, or are
difficult to sell, go to Ebay. As you live in the states, Ebay will probably
get you a better price than a straight sale would. I live in the UK, so this
is not the case for me.

Scott A