 Marketplace / Theory / 295
Re: eBay rip-off artist hides feedback
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 16:48:31 GMT

Scott-A wrote:

This is what I got from him:

Unfortunately, eBay allows anyone to leave feedback about anyone. Regardless
if the person is a customeror not. Too many people seem to have too much
time on their hands, as they
use the feedback profile whichI feel is intended to rate the quality of a
seller/buyer’s performance,
rather than discuss one’s personal feelings about what it is the person is
selling. Some examples of feedback
that I feel would enter this category would be comments about the morality
of selling "R" rated films, or
in some cases, people use feedback to advertise their own auctions which
compete with mine. After a
while, your feedback rating looks more like a graffiti wall than a proper
measure of how you do business.
I like to conduct my business in a professional, reliable, and respectable
manner. I don’t have time to
play "I know you are but what amI", and I feel it would not be beneficial to
my customers to have to read
through all that nonsense either. I am an eBay PowerSeller, and am
registered with the state of Massachusetts.
This should be all thebackground you need, as it says a lot more than the
few bad seeds on eBay.

Harumph... The LEGO "dealers" I have dealt with on eBay on a regular
basis all have extensive feedback praising them for items better than
described, quick delivery etc. Only rarely do they have a negative
feedback from someone who apparently didn't stay in communication. I
also note that several of the dealers I have dealt with do comics and
collectible cards also (or even as their primary buisiness) so it is not
just that LEGO perhaps attracts a nicer crowd or something (I would
suspect cards and comics to attract more sleazeball buyers than LEGO).

If you are a "professional, reliable, and respectable" dealer, your
feedback will reflect that.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com