 Marketplace / Theory / 308
307  |  309
Subject:
feedback (was Re: eBay rip-off artist hides feedback)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 14:55:04 GMT

If you are a "professional, reliable, and respectable" dealer, your
feedback will reflect that.

Yeah.

I'm straight-on reliable (a no lying, cheating, stealing kind of guy)
but I'm not always as fast as someone more professional than I would be,
and I still have an acceptable feedback rating.  I figure anyone with a
bad rating must be really bad.

It also seems that people take for granted that positive feedback should
be the result of any concluded deal.  I wish it were reserved for
exceptional service, that would make it more meaningful.  I had a guy
apologize for not being willing to give me positive feedback because I
went on vacation and didn't ship his stuff for two weeks once.  Damn
right, I shouldn't get positive feedback for that - no need to
apologize.  (And I left him positive feedback for being a good sport.)