 Marketplace / Theory / 2718
Re: Target sales
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 23:45:18 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Maggie Cambron wrote:

   But I do think the days of finding cartloads of LEGO at 75% off are over. :-(

I think you’re right. And I think it’s partly my fault! (1)

Retailers are getting much better at supplier management, inventory management, just in time replenishment, and most importantly, sales prediction, thanks to increased integration between systems and thanks to use of predictive software.

1 - or at least, the company I work for... our stuff glues all these systems together. Who are customers are is not always discussed, but it’s pretty much everybody you’d think of when you think of retailing (or transport, or supply chain/logistics, or manufacturing or ...)