 Marketplace / Shopping / 12045
Re: Target sales
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 23:22:36 GMT

Any idea how long it takes for Target to roll out their post-Christmas
sales?  I
went to one Target after work last Friday and it looked like a bomb had
hit.  I
had obviously just missed it--people were digging through the few
remaining
items and there was almost no LEGO on the shelves.  OTOH, I stopped by
the two
other local Targets and the aisles were fully stocked, including sets
like
Spiderman 2 and Harry Potter that were out since this summer, so they
obviously
have not yet had their sales.  Any idea what sort of time frame I should
be expecting?

  In my experience, different stores will maintain different levels of
LEGO stock during the non-holiday season, and this directly affects what
gets clearanced at each store.  Some stores around me have apparently
gone to a full aisle (single side) for LEGO for the off-season, so
relatively few sets are clearanced at these stores.  At the other
extreme, other stores have gone to only about 6 feet of shelflength (x 4
or 5 shelves) and those stores have clearanced off a lot of product,
including most of the Harry Potter.  There are some stores which are
somewhere between those two extremes.  There are seven Targets between
my work and home, so I've seen a lot of different layouts in the last
week.  :^)

  As for timing, generally whatever a store is going to put on clearance
should be on clearance now.  Before a new line comes out mid-year, you
will also see a clearance to make room for that line.

  As always, YMMV, IMHO, etc.

--Raymond Flournoy
flournoy@post.harvard.edu      "Because, of course, a man with an
flournoy@yahoo-inc.com          obsession is a man who has very little