 Marketplace / Theory / 2511
Re: KBToys discount strategy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 22:14:06 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Paul Ferguson writes:
In lugnet.market.theory, Cary Clark writes:
KBToys recently introduced a marketing gimmick that allows 20% off future
purchases. Every $100 spent qualifies one for a 20% off coupon....

Your mileage (or at least mine) may vary.  When I took advantage of this
a couple of weeks ago (having already gotton one coupon), I was explicitly
informed that I wouldn't get a coupon for a purchase made with a coupon.

That makes more sense to me. The two times I've used coupons, I've gotten
more coupons. Probably my store is not well-informed about the policy.

2.  Also, don't spend more than $100 in a single purchase in any case,
since they only give you/stamp one card regardless of total. ...

Another case where my store probably did it wrong. I did get a coupon per $100.

My store was lax in yet another way; the employees couldn't agree on whether
they could accept multiple partially validated coupons, but in the end took
them. I imagine the confusion will be short-lived.

Cary