 Marketplace / Theory / 2398
Re: Poor Target....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 23 May 2002 19:06:48 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ahui Herrera writes:
After reading all these post for and against his actions it makes me wonder
if those who are mad at him are INDEED mad at him for comitting 'fraud'
(eother in the legal or moral sense).  Could it be that you are REALLY
mad/jesouls (subconsouisly) at  him for
I would find it VERY VERY HARD to believe that all the against people are
INDEED against it for the legal/moral reason they stated ONLY!  We are all
afterwall human and the 'super-ego' that each of us have but dones't know
about is indeed trying this discussion.

Agree 100% :)

My guess is they're mad at him for "getting away with it". Something like:
"I couldn't bring myself to do that as it's against my moral sense, and I,
as a result, think that nobody should be ABLE to get away with it. So I'm
mad at him for successfully breaking my inferred rule on the system."

Supposedly, it would reflect the same personality type on Matt had he not
gotten away with it, yes? Let's suppose the Wal*Mart manager had said "I
happen to know for a fact that these came from Target and so you can't
return them here. Go back to Target." Is Matt any more/less moral? Don't
think so. If people were truly mad at him for his "immoral" attitude/action,
they *SHOULD* be equally mad, yes? I'd think so. But as you so rightly
pointed out, I highly doubt people would be as mad if he hadn't gotten away
with it.

$.02,
DaveE