 Marketplace / Theory / 2162
Re: Not a lot of love lost between PayPal and eBay!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 17:55:09 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Troy Cefaratti writes:
What I really like is the list of Paypal's advantages over Billpoint, most
of which don't apply to international users at all, or are very
questionable.

Most of them are useless or overstated even for US users.  And with them
constantly raising the fees, there isn't much incentive to use them over
billpoint.  I thinkt hat if I used eBay mroe and Brickbay less, i'd probably
use billpoint.

My biggest reason for using paypal was that they didn't have teh 25cent
transaction fee on payments under $15  Well, that's now gone.  And they keep
raising the percentage as well, so the advantage tehre is going if not
already gone.

Well, I'm small time enough that I kept my personal account as primary, and
only have a premier (fee based) for receiving CC payments. I stick with
Paypal because I get 1.5% back on purchases made with their debit card.